Uniform policy & shop
There is an expectation that all students wear school uniform every day throughout the year. Students are required to wear sun smart hats for all play periods in Terms 1 and 4 and for lessons held outside.
Our uniform policy:
- Supports the Sun Safe Policy
- Supports student safety in easily recognising Northfield PS students
- Is inclusive – all students are equal in their appearance and engenders a sense of identity
- Avoids the pressure associated with peer pressure and the purchasing of expensive or fashion clothing
- Supports the development of school pride
- The colour of the uniform is royal blue
- Bottoms can be either black or blue and of an appropriate length. Denim is not to be worn
- Casual hooded jackets or jumpers are not to be worn. In winter students must wear school uniform jackets or royal blue alternatives and no brand names
- Bare midriffs, low cut garments, see through or overly loose or very tight garments are not to be worn
- Footwear must be sensible, comfortable and closed – no thongs or surf sandals
- Jewellery must be discreet – no visible piercing, except for earlobes. Studs or sleeper jewellery may be worn in the earlobes. Large earrings and chains are not to be worn.
- Make-up is not acceptable
- Hair should be neat and tidy – extremes in style and colour are not appropriate. Long hair should be tied back
The School Uniform Policy applies during school hours and when students are on excursions. On casual days, sun safe and jewellery dress codes still apply.
The uniform shop is open on:
Wednesday: 8:30am to 9am
Thursday: 8:30am to 9am
Friday: 8:30am to 9am
View the uniform pricelist.